|The Same Sky Cafe: Travel Stories from Debbie & Friends
Date: Tuesday, June 19th 2018
Time: 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Venue: Tenzan Restaurant, 988 2nd Ave and 52nd St, NYC
Cover charge: $20 (includes passed appetizers)
Come join us for an exciting and introspective evening of stories, readings, and discussions about the world of travel and culture. We will first journey to Tibet with Debbie Yee Lan Wong’s readings from THE SAME SKY, a newly released travel memoir of her solo trip to Southeast Asia. Other writers will read intriguing stories about their travels. Sandra Pike will also share beautiful photographs and her heartfelt experiences in “Images of Bhutan”.
Finally, we will hold a discussion panel of travel writers who will share their perspectives on traveling, writing and what drives them to explore new cultures.
The purpose of the event is to bring travel enthusiasts together to learn more about culture, travel and the life lessons we discover when exploring the world.
We hope that you can come to this awesome event!
• Readings from travel memoir THE SAME SKY by Debbie Yee Lan Wong
• “Images of Bhutan” by Sandra Pike
• Travel stories by Katie Hart and Nicolette Orlemans
• Travel Writing Panel: What Compels Us to Travel and Write about Our Experiences?” – moderated by Rachana Bhide
• Door prizes, yummy appetizers